Hair transplant in Turkey is one of the most popular services. This article, it is aimed to familiarize you with the FUE and DHI transplant methods. DHI and FUE, which are among the hair transplant services provided in Turkey, have some differences within themselves. We wanted to prepare a guide for you by looking closely at both FUE and DHI methods.
DHI vs. FUE Hair Transplant in Turkey
Hair transplant in Turkey is a procedure that is preferred more frequently than in other countries. Many clinics are serving in the field of transplantation in Turkey. The most important thing is the quality of transplant services provided in these clinics.
Hair transplant in Turkey options is also examined in two different groups between FUE and DHI methods. We wanted to share the most up-to-date data about FUE and DHI hair transplants with you. In this article, you can take a closer look at the hair transplant in Turkey options and learn about the most popular methods.
What is DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI method is one of the hair transplants in Turkey options. DHI hair transplant is a leading technique among the cutting-edge transplantation methods. DHI is the abbreviation of direct hair implantation. Many specialist physicians in Turkey can transplant with the DHI technique.
The DHI method, which is among the first options of hair transplant in Turkey, consists of several steps. Here are the main steps of the DHI hair transplant method:
- When transplanting with the DHI method, first of all, the necessary tests should be done on the patient. These tests include various blood tests that show whether you are eligible for a transplant.
- DHI, which takes the lead among hair transplant in Turkey options, is a transplant technique performed by collecting grafts. Graft collection is also very important in DHI hair transplant in Turkey options.
- Transplantation with healthy hair tissues taken from the nape or behind the ear is performed with special technologies. For this, a special pen used in the DHI method is needed.
- This special tool, called Choi Implanter Pencil, enables individual transplants to be performed. Using the pen with its special solution ensures that the hair follicles are placed in the area where shedding occurs.
What is FUE Hair Transplant?
Another important method among the hair transplant in Turkey options is the FUE technique. The FUE technique is the abbreviation of the term Follicular Unit Extraction. FUE method is one of the commonly used transplant methods in Turkey.
The FUE technique, which has been used for many years, has several technical steps in itself. Below you can find the basic steps of transplant operations with the FUE method:
- It is important for the patient to undergo the necessary tests for the transplant procedures performed with the FUE technique. The majority of the tests required for hair transplant also consist of blood tests. If the blood tests give appropriate results, the hair transplant procedure can be started.
- It should be known that graft collection is also important in the transplant application using the FUE technique. It is also necessary to rest the hair tissues taken from the nape in a special solution afterward.
- In the FUE technique, the graft transplant procedure is also performed with great care. Each of the grafts kept in the solution is placed in the area where hair loss is seen. For this, specially produced technical and medical needles are used.
Differences Between FUE and DHI Hair Transplant
Although the FUE and DHI techniques, which are among the hair transplant in Turkey options, are similar, they have some differences. Both the FUE and DHI methods are special techniques included in the best hair transplant in Turkey lists. Here are the prominent differences between FUE and DHI techniques:
- DHI method is a transplant application made with a specially produced medical device. The use of a special device may also cause the DHI method to be more expensive.
- The DHI method is generally applied to areas where hair loss is less common. FUE, on the other hand, can be easily applied to larger areas.
- FUE is a hair transplant application performed with the channel opening method. Therefore, it may be necessary to wait for channel opening in the FUE method. DHI is a method that does not have to wait.
- In the DHI technique, the patient does not need to be shaved. In the FUE method, the patient must be shaved.
- There is a need for grafting in both of these methods, which are among the options of hair transplant in Turkey. However, while 1500 grafts are transplanted in a single session in the DHI method, this number can be around 4500 in the FUE method.