What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery is the process of removing excess muscle and skin tissue on lower and upper eyelids and tightening the supporting area around the eyes. With this surgery, loosened upper and lower eyelids, bags due to excessive fat accumulation and wrinkles around eyes are corrected in order to make the person have a younger and more dynamic appearance. The purpose is not to give different feature to the person, but to make eyes and surrounding areas look like how they were in younger ages.
Why does the eyelid hang?
Eyelid has a very fine structure. Therefore, it has a structure suitable for wrinkling. Blood circulation is much more intense in this area. Eyelid sagging has environmental reasons as well as genetic reasons. These can be counted as excessive sun exposure, smoking, insomnia.
How is Eyelid Surgery Performed?
Eyelid surgery can be performed on both the upper and lower parts of the eye. Eyelid surgery is performed under local anesthesia. If there is severe sagging in your eyelid, an incision is made from the upper eyelid fold and the excess fat, muscle and skin tissue accumulated there are removed and the eyelid is lifted upwards.
What to know about eyelid surgery:
- Give up smoking and alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- Give up blood thinner medicines at least one week before the surgery.
- The physician must be informed beforehand about medicines that must be regularly used.
- Do not eat after 12 at night one day before the surgery, make sure you are hungry when you get to the hospital.
- Eyelid surgery takes nearly 2 hours.
- No pain is felt since the surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- The person is released on the same day.
- Stitches are removed 7 days after the surgery.
- The person can continue their social and work life one week after the surgery.
- Avoid heavy exercises and excess fatigue for the first month after the surgery.
- Over sensitization can be experienced for the first 1-2 weeks in terms of sunlight and wind. Therefore, use sunglasses outdoors.
Is There Any Scars in Eyelid Surgery?
Since a very small incision is made in the eyelid surgery, there is no visible scar. Since this incision is hidden in the upper eyelid fold, you cannot see it clearly.
How is recovery after eyelid surgery?
Recovery takes a very short time after eyelid surgery. Since the procedure is performed under local anesthesia, you do not need to stay in the hospital. Ice massage after the procedure will prevent swelling and edema. You may have complaints such as stinging and burning in the first 2-3 days. This is normal. It will improve in a few weeks. The painkillers given by your doctor will make you pass this process comfortably. In this process, when you go out, you should wear sunglasses and protect your eyelid from the wind. After 10 days, you can continue your social life without any traces of surgery.
Estenbul Health is the best in Eyelid Surgery in Turkey because Estenbul Health offers you:
- Natural looking eyes
- Fully equipped contracted hospitals
- Working with experienced aesthetic doctors
- Translation service in many languages
- Quality service at affordable prices
Eyelid Surgery Cost
You can contact us for eyelid surgery price information. You can get price information about eyelid surgery as soon as possible by filling out the form.