What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery is the process of removing excess muscle and skin tissue on lower and upper eyelids and tightening the supporting area around the eyes. With this surgery, loosened upper and lower eyelids, bags due to excessive fat accumulation and wrinkles around eyes are corrected in order to make the person have a younger and more dynamic appearance. The purpose is not to give different feature to the person, but to make eyes and surrounding areas look like how they were in younger ages.
What to know about eyelid surgery:
- Give up smoking and alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- Give up blood thinner medicines at least one week before the surgery.
- The physician must be informed beforehand about medicines that must be regularly used.
- Do not eat after 12 at night one day before the surgery, make sure you are hungry when you get to the hospital.
- Eyelid surgery takes nearly 2 hours.
- No pain is felt since the surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- The person is released on the same day.
- Stitches are removed 7 days after the surgery.
- The person can continue their social and work life one week after the surgery.
- Avoid heavy exercises and excess fatigue for the first month after the surgery.
- Over sensitization can be experienced for the first 1-2 weeks in terms of sunlight and wind. Therefore, use sunglasses outdoors.