What is otoplasty?
Otoplasty is the process of reshaping the ear by altering cartilage structure and angle. Preferred by persons who are not satisfied with the form of their ears due to genetic or environmental factors, otoplasty provides successful, permanent and aesthetic results and does not pose any health risks.
What to know about otoplasty surgery:
- Give up smoking and alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- Give blood thinner medicines at least one week before the surgery.
- The physicians must be informed beforehand about medicines that must be regularly used.
- Do not eat after 12 at night one day before the surgery, make sure you are hungry when you get to the hospital.
- Otoplasty surgery takes nearly 1.5 hours.
- No pain is felt since the surgery is performed under local anesthesia.
- The person is released on the same day.
- The person can continue their social life 3 days after the surgery. and to work one week later.
- Avoid heavy exercises and sports that may cause impact to face for the first few weeks after the surgery.
- Ears take their final fırm 4 to 6 weeks after the surgery.